Building Operating and Maintenance Manuals
The purpose of the Operating and Maintenance (O&M) Manual is to provide sufficient and relevant information in order to operate, manage and maintain the services and equipment installed in line with manufacturer’s recommendations.
The benefits of our O&M Manual services are:
- Speed: A softcopy Draft will be prepared quickly for Review and Approval
- Professional: All printing, plotting and folding, collating and burning discs is done for you
- Ease: Delivery Australia wide available
Whilst the O&M manual defines the requirements and procedures for the effective operation and maintenance of a building, each project is unique. As a guide the operating and maintenance manual may include details about:
- Scope Of Works
- Operation & Manufacturer’s Literature
- Maintenance Schedules
- Testing & Certification
- Work Shop & As Built Drawings
Need O&M Manuals Fast?
Do you have a builder on your back? Is your retention money being withheld pending delivery of manuals and as builts? Are you overwhelmed by all the requirements in the specifications and want someone else to compile your operations & maintenance manuals?
The solution is simple, eliminate handover delays and improve the professionalism of your operations and maintenance manuals by sending us your files today. This is how the process works:
Request For Quotation – Supply all your files and drawings so we can ascertain a page count and prepare a quotation. Confirm how many hard copies are required (usually three)?
Draft Copy – Once you confirm an order, we tailor a template matched to your company logo and structure up the Table Of Contents to suit your project. We then progressively shape the data (i.e. scope of works, catalogue literature, operating instructions, maintenance details, warranties, certificates, commissioning data, drawings etc.) and create a ‘searchable’ soft copy O&M manual.
Review – The client is sent the soft copy to review, comment and sign off on.
Delivery – Once approved we proceed to print. The relevant documents are printed in colour, b&w or drawings plotted and folded. Softcopy files are supplied on printed discs and completed manuals are either collected or packaged for delivery.
Tips & Tricks: How to prevent costly delays
- Early on begin a hard and soft copy folder to collect, store and organise O&M information as it comes to hand.
- Request up to date consultants CAD files and all relevant Xrefs’ towards the completion of the project. Often the CAD files are incomplete, we’re happy to check these for you early on.
- Note changes on drawings as they occur and record information such as: data and CB numbers; air flows, changes to pipe DIA; relocated head units etc. on your For Construction drawings.
With the technology specified by architects and consultants progressively becoming more and more complex, this increases the information required to be contained within a building O&M Manual. Whilst we print double sided, the number of pages sometimes means we need to produce manuals over two or three Volumes. As part of our O&M Manual services we:
- Prepare a softcopy Draft for Review
- Print A4 sheets in colour & b&w sheets as double sided
- Plot drawings in A1 format, fold and insert them into protective sleeves
- Print graphics and burn softcopy data to disc
- Package the manuals for delivery or clients can arrange for pick up